Jan 20, 2010

Lentil Soup with Braised Ham Hock and Whole Wheat Country Bread





















I don't look at food blogs (or any blogs for that matter) regularly, but I recently came across Foodwishes.blogspot.com and am mildly obsessed.  That's a contradictory pairing of words, eh?  Anyway, this guy - Chef John he calls himself - posts a new cooking video, along with the recipe and terrific photos, every friggin' day!  He does it all himself, and he makes cooking great food totally accessible.  Chef John is my new hero.

To make the best lentil soup I've ever made, I pretty much followed chef john's recipe, with the addition of garlic and kale.  See his video on his awesome blog: lentil soup on foodwishes.com.  The whole wheat country loaf is made by following my white country loaf method, replacing two of the cups of white flour with whole wheat flour.  See my bread making video on youtube: frankie's bread making video.

1 comment:

  1. A personal favorite, Lentil Soup was a staple in my house growing up. Sometimes served with a little pasta or rice, this is a classic Italian peasant dish. Anna makes it all the time. I'll have her try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete