Jan 2, 2010

Who the heck am I to start a blog?


I’m not a chef, I’m not a world traveler, I’m not a photographer, and I’m certainly not a writer.  I’m just another person who feels compelled to document and describe life as I experience it for anyone out there who might get a kick out of it.  I don’t know crap about blogging, except that you’re supposed to post regularly and you should at least attempt to make the content worth reading and/or looking at. 
I’d really love to be an awesome cook.  I’d love to be a world traveler.  I’d love to take beautiful photos.  And I’d like to share some funny ass stories about my fucked up youth - if I could write about them in a way worth reading.  
Can I do this in a manner that holds up against the unwarranted heights of my standards?  I honestly don’t know.  I have decided to ignore deep doubts about my motives and abilities and just give this thing a try. 
*note:  I am incredibly fortunate to have the freedom to pursue an utterly personal interest without requiring that it generate income.  My deepest gratitude to my wonderful husband for wanting to see me fulfilled.   

2 comments:

  1. Frank! I am glad you are ignoring your doubts and taking the plunge. You´re an inspiring lady who always does everything to it´s fullest. I am looking forward to reading more.
    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a wonderful start. Keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete