Jan 25, 2012

Mile High Buttermilk Biscuits on the Down Low



God I love biscuits.  My usual baking soda recipe is very quick and easy, but sadly, I can't really eat crap like all-white flour and a ton of butter like I used to.  Maybe when I become a real farmer I'll need this level of carbs and calories, but for the foreseeable future, I'll only bake biscuits a few times a year.  And since they'll be special occasion biscuits, I won't be using my old recipe - I'll use my brother Andy's super awesome buttermilk biscuit recipe.  He developed his recipe with a special step that makes all the difference.  I took a basket of these biscuits to a farm dinner last year, and they were such a big hit that I decided to make a video giving away my brother's genius technique.  

People keep telling me that they want to see more of me in my cooking videos.  I'm not sure exactly how to insinuate myself into an instructional video that really doesn't require showing my mug.  I went a little overboard with this one, but I'll eventually figure it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment